- Your retainer is to be worn at all times, unless Dr. Laberge instructs otherwise.
- When eating, brushing, playing contact sports or swimming your retainer should always be put back in it’s case! (Orthodontic appliances are usually lost in lunchrooms/cafeterias or in restaurants.)
- If you retainers are not in your mouth, they should be kept in it’s case at all times!
- At the beginning, you may have difficulty speaking. The more you practice speaking, singing or reading out loud the easier/faster you’ll get use to it.
- Retainer Care: Clean your retainer with a toothbrush & toothpaste once a day using warm water (Hot water may damage your retainer). Efferdent or any other orthodontic appliance cleaners are great, however brushing removes plaque & eliminates bacteria.
- Keep caution with your retainers around hot water, hot car dashboards, pockets, washing machines and even napkins! Retainers are breakable, please treat yours with love!
- If your having concerns in regards to your retainer or it’s been lost or broken, please call us immediately. (Retainer replacements can be expensive)
- Always bring your retainers to your appointments.
- Retainers last for years with proper love and care! 🙂